Friday 5 September 2014

Pictures of connections

Thursday morning I woke to one of those work anxiety dreams – the kind where you show up late and inappropriately dressed (for me I showed up in a college class prepared to teach horseback riding - a past occupation). However I was glad to tune into a dream like that again, because for a while after my stroke I was not able to dream so creatively.   And, perhaps because I had been forewarned I showed up early and on time - including remembering to email and check-in with the online class.  However, when I looked at the calendar I because aware I had missed an instructor’s meeting on Wednesday – Drats! One step backwards, two steps forwards.

I have been reading the blog posts on blog posts from the other connected courses participants http://connectedcourses.net/ and became intrigued by images and videos of connected learning here is my contribution:  

This image I took of the lighthouse  in St. Augustine Florida reminds me of  how I used to think about learning (I was a computer geek, before the web).  Now for connected learning  hmmm ...  how about having steps connected to other steps, similar to hyperlinks.

But I suspect Connections are even messier, because we also connect through our first order connections, and sometimes connections are stronger or weaker, or involve (gasp!) feelings so become  messy and don't follow straight lines.


This is beginning to look a lot like the art  my children produced when they were young.  However have a look at this learning analytic graph showing engagement in online courses from onlinelearninginsights.wordpress.com

Boy I am looking forward to this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment