Wednesday 3 September 2014

Me at Fifty-three - hey it Rhymes :)

I’m 53 years old and have hit more than a few speed bumps the wrong way. But I am an optimist. 

The most recent speed bump was having stroke in May. I could not talk except a few words and I lost my left hand and portions of my left side.  It is September now, and if you were meeting for the first time you could not tell anything was amiss (see - I am optimistic!). I don’t drool anymore, and I as long as I am not tired I speak with good voice infection. I am still having trouble inserting post-and stud earrings, but I am working on that and anyways dangle earrings are fashionable. 

So … I am starting a course this Fall (possible speed bump?) called Active Co-Learning in Higher Ed  (opens in new window). It is time for me to figure out how-to create an online presence for myself – and the act of blogging and ideally being creative while doing this activity will help exercise my brain. I also want to share some life’s speed bumps, because I imagine there are a lot of us that have speed bumps along the way.


Initially I will use this blog for course-work, but as I get better at blogging I expect to branch out. I will place a connect-course label on posts related to that course, so it should (in theory) be easy to view or not view those posts. 

Welcome to this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I look forward to reading your blog this fall. You describe yourself as "optimistic: but maybe you left courageous out? Claudia

    ReplyDelete