Monday 13 October 2014

Ontology, Epistemology and Connection

I have been pursuing the suggested Connection Activity from October 6th suggested by  The DreadPirate Tellio. The suggest is to draw. Lots of drawing. a hundred sheets in three weeks. It is hard. .... But I decided to do this activity because I knew that sometimes what comes out of my drawings can provide insight and helps me to think. 

So ... I produced a few drawings and then inspiration struck.  (I  wish I knew were inspiration hides.) I wanted to explore the connection between Ontology and Epistemology. An I confessed in a post on the Oct 6th connection activity   that this connection has always been bit vague for me.

This blog post is about that link, and also about  another drawing describing connection. 

Drawing 1 does not resemble a drawing, but this is the beginning...

Drawing 2 show a self ("me" in the circle), in a vast ontology,  with interactions of Epistemology   surrounding the self (the colours spell Epistemology - really)...
Drawing 3 was a better depiction of drawing two and looks more like a drawing...
Then  ... Drawing 4 woke me up in the night. Apologies for anatomically incorrect sailing boats. .... 
Today I produced this drawing. An image of connection  - both to each other and to the knowledge that surrounds us. ...


What does this image say to you? ... Do you think I am out to lunch, in left field, off track,  or on course,  on a tight tack? I would love some feedback ... 

And I cannot wait to see what my hands want to produce next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment